Main Job Description
Tax Manager â€“ Global Tax FocusÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
Our Clientâ€™s team of Finance professionals drive business results through sustainable approaches andÂ leading-edgeÂ thinking.Â Working with various business areas located at our sites around the world, the Finance team works to ensure that accounting practices and policies comply with international and local reporting standards.Â The team oversees accounting and planning, manages corporate treasury and taxation, implements and monitors business controls, conducts financial analysis, and supports cost engineering. Their Finance team offers a wide range of opportunities and a solid long-term career path.
If you are looking to join a forward thinking team in a dynamic working environment, they have an opportunity in the Global Tax team for a Tax Manager located at their Toronto, Ontario head office.Â Those in this position will play a key role in supporting our global tax operations, tax planning and advisory, tax accounting and financial reporting for tax, and tax compliance.Â
The candidate must possess a strong base understanding of corporate taxation, and have the desire to learn and deal with new challenges that involve cross functional activities.
You will be involved in projects or programs of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of business and taxation aspects on a multi-national or global basis, and will assist in carrying out new strategies, policies, practices, methods, programs or techniques and utilizing them to analyze and interpret difficult problems or situations and/or establishing new strategic direction that is site or multi-site specific.Â Incumbents are accountable for delivering high quality work to ensure siteâ€™s / major functionâ€™s operations, schedules, and/or performance goals are met.Â
This position will be responsible for tasks such as (but not limited to) the following:
- Support global tax operations, continuous improvement initiatives, tax projects or planning initiatives, as well as other tax related matters as needed
- Assist in analyzing global income tax, transfer pricing, and indirect tax impacts of non-routine business or corporate development initiatives
- Prepare and/or review IFRS tax provisions and forecasts of global sites located in Asia, Europe and Americas, and provide value-added analysis in managing quarterly consolidated tax provision, uncertain tax positions and external reporting requirements
- Prepare and/or review income tax and/or indirect tax returns, elections and other tax filings or information reporting, as well as transfer pricing studies and reports
- Ensure that new developments in tax are conveyed to the appropriate people in the company and that processes are developed to ensure that the company is in compliance with laws and regulations
- Assist in responding to queries from internal/external/government auditors
- Strong knowledge of corporate income tax concepts and accounting for income taxes under IFRS
- Familiarity with advanced tax concepts, including international tax, M&A, transaction advisory, OECD BEPS and double tax treaties
- Exposure to global transfer pricing and indirect tax concepts would be an asset, and demonstrated interest in gaining experience in such areas are required
- Ability to analyze new or existing tax rules and regulations in key jurisdictions (e.g., Canada, US, Mexico, UK, various EU, China, Malaysia, Thailand, Korea, Singapore and Hong Kong)
- Team player with ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external customers, and ability to collaborate and interface with cross-functional teams and international sites to establish strong working relationships and cooperation
- Strong knowledge of software applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, TaxPrep for T2 and T5013) and ability to learn and use multiple applications specific to this department (SAP, Longview, TR Workflow Manager, TR Dataflow)
- Possess knowledge of the marketplace conditions for taxation and finance
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced and often pressured environment, managing multiple priorities and changing demands
- Four to eight years of applicable experience working in a large, complex, multi-national company or major accounting firm (including at least three years corporate tax experience at a major accounting firm).
- In-depth knowledge in the areas of corporate taxation and tax accounting is required.
- Knowledge in transfer pricing, tax planning and advisory, international tax, M&A, indirect tax, tax-efficient supply chain management are assets
- Professional accounting designation or MTax required
- Bachelorâ€™s degree required, advanced degree (MAcc , MBA) is an asset
- Completion of CPA In-Depth Tax Course Parts I and II